Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Choco the Monkey Banana Bread

I LOVE when I have a few overripe, brown bananas sitting in my kitchen because that means it is banana bread time!! Bethenny Frankel's Boo Boo Banana bread is my go to recipe when I am craving this moist delicious bread. Fun-fact: Boo-Boo refers to Bethenny's dog Cookie who bears a similar resemblance to my puppy Choco.  Today I decided to experiment a litte. I substituted half of the flour for whole wheat flour, and added flaxseed meal into the mix as well. I finished it off with sliced almonds on the top, and a dash of cinnamon. Hello nutty, chewy, chocolate-y amazingess!! And it's good for you too! You absolutely must try this newly re-named recipe (after my puppy Choco of course).

He totally approves!!

Choco the Monkey Banana Bread
Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon smart balance butter
1 cup overripe bananas (2-3 bananas)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of bittersweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup of flaxseed meal

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Spray pan with cooking spray. Pour in batter and cover loosely with foil.
3. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, then bake for another 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes our almost clean (moist crumbs are fine).
4. Cool completely, then slice and enjoy with a hot cup of coffee :)

*Some other ingredients you may want to add/substitute: carob chips instead of chocolate chips, use all whole wheat flour, walnuts instead of almonds, fresh blueberries*


Have a deliciously pretty day!

xx,
Pretty Penny





No comments:

Post a Comment