Friday, May 6, 2011

A Night In WEHO

Ben and I just got back from dinner and it was so amazing that I had to blog about it as soon as I got home! After a tough week of work and school, we both decided to unwind while having a delicious meal at LA Foodshow (a restaurant in Beverly Hills that serves everything from fish and chips to chinese chicken salad), when much to our disappointment we realized it was closed when we got there (or closed down? hope not!). So we decided to be spontaneous and drive up Santa Monica and pick an interesting restaurant as we drove. We passed a few good ones, but then I saw a cute cafe with tables outside filled with people, so Ben made a quick left and we parked and went inside. Basix Cafe...the winning restaurant of the night, was perfect. It had a hip atmosphere and reminded Ben of the cafe's he used to frequent in New York. It was casual yet romantic, with brown beaded candleholders on the tables and intimate lighting. We were surrounded by cute gay couples, both young and old, as well as big groups who came for a cocktail an appetizer and a chat.

We began with cocktails--I had a Pomegranate Marga-tini and Ben a Cucumber Cloud that arrived with cucumber foam on top. I am not a big drinker, but I literally finished my drink in three long sips- it was that good! Next up, an artichoke ravioli appetizer and caesar salad. I am obsessed with artichokes and as we took the first bite we were speechless. WOW. After this we had our main courses (sea bass for me and pot roast for Ben). The fish was crispy on the outside but the inside melted in my mouth. It was the perfect meal, and the best part was that we were able to order high quality food in such a casual and friendly atmosphere. After that I decided I had a frozen yogurt craving (I know...how could I still have room? Blame it on my sweet tooth), so we went to the Yogurt Stop a couple blocks down. They offered flavors like "Original WEHO Tart" and "Peanut Butter Princess", and it was the perfect place to end our little West Hollywood adventure. Needless to say, my frozen yogurt is still sitting in the fridge as I wait to digest such a satisfying meal. Have a wonderful weekend :)

xx,
Penelope Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment