Monday, June 13, 2011

Tea and Scones

The past few days have not been ideal. En route to Israel we have had two delayed flights and two re-scheduled flights, getting us to Israel about two days late. Did I mention I have a tendency to get airsick, and am running on about two hours of sleep? We finally arrived in London and our layover is going to be a few hours. With all this time to kill, we are now nestled into the corner of a little cafe, and finally things are starting to look up, thanks to the most comforting pot of tea and delicious scones I have ever had. I even got a miniature jar of strawberry jam, absolutely fitting for a tiny little tea set, and much fancier than the usual plastic container.I feel just like a princess, minus the dark circles and clothes that smell, well, like an airplane.

I just love that the minute we touched down in London, I was immediately asked if I would like milk with my tea. I grew up drinking tea this way in South Africa, and believe this is absolutely the only way to drink it! I am so happy we will get to spend some actual time in London on the way back.

Hopefully my next post will be from Israel!

Xx,
Penelope Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment