Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cake Mix Cookies

I have had so many life changes the past few months! Ben and I have officially moved to Denver and are happily engaged :) I am really loving it here, and am so glad that I am settled and have more time to blog! I have been trying so many new recipes and I am excited to share them with you.

I tried this recipe when we first moved and it was a DISASTER. I found it on Pinterest, but had no idea that high altitude can affect baking, and learned the hard way with flat, doughy cookies (ew). I tried this high altitude version today, and it was very successful!! Am I officially becoming a Denverite??

Cake Mix Cookies















Ingredients:
1 Box of french vanilla cake mix
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup of applesauce
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix all ingredients together
3. Scoop cookie mix onto greases pan.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Makes 20 cookies.





















*You can try this with different kinds of cake mixes and get creative! If you don't live in high altitude, omit the extra flour and only bake cookies for 11-13 minutes.

Enjoy :)

xx,
Pretty Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment