Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sugar Cookie Fun

I have a new obsession with sugar cookies, which seem to be a staple for the winter holidays. It began with decorating halloween cookies, and then turned into Colorado Buffs cookies for a weekend tailgate at the UCLA vs. Colorado football game (Ben LOVES his Buffs). In the interest of time, I used store-bought sugar cookie mix, but you can use a home-made recipe if you have more time. My favorite part is the icing, which is really a trial and error process even if you do have a recipe. You just need to keep adding more or less of an ingredient to get the consistency you want! I ordered the cookie cutter online from the CU Store:

Ralphie (CU Mascot) Cookie Cutter
Here are a few pictures of the cookie icing process:


I used yellow food coloring, adding more drops to get the right golden/yellow color


Starting to look more like Ralphie!


I need to work on my icing letter skills! At least they tasted good!


You can use iced cookies for any get-together or as favors or gifts. Some brides-to-be use them as bridesmaid's gifts. I just love this idea :)


Icing Recipe:
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Food coloring

xx,
Penelope Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment