Sunday, March 6, 2011

Crowd Pleasing Carrot Souffle

My friend Amy is FAMOUS for her carrot souffle. She used to make two for every dinner we put on while we were abroad, as one was never enough. I made it myself for a small dinner with friends that I hosted at our new apartment. It was a total hit! This dish is really sweet, and my guests commented that it could be served for dinner or dessert. The warm souffle contrasts nicely with the crunchy, caramelized corn flake topping, which really steals the show. Trust me, you will never have leftovers of this wonderful dish :)



Carrot Soufflé:

Ingredients:
1 lb carrots
3 large eggs 
3 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup butter
dash of nutmeg
pinch of salt

Topping:
½ cup cornflakes
3 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
1. Boil carrots until soft
2. Add carrots and eggs in blender
3. Add sugar, flour, vanilla, nutmeg, salt & blend
4. Pour into pan and bake for 40 min at 350 Degrees
5. Add topping and bake for 5 to 10 minutes

* The recipe usually does not make enough topping. Don't be afraid to triple this portion of the recipe.


xx,
Penelope Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment