Thursday, March 24, 2011

Delish Drink: Blue Bottle Coffee

My best friend Giuliette decided, much to my chagrin, to move to San Francisco two years ago for a graduate program. Giul and I have never really lived more than two hours away from each other, so this was a big transition. One of the perks of our new long-distance friendship was that I could go explore the beautiful city of San Francisco while visiting Giuliette. During my visit this past summer, Giul took me to the most amazing farmers market I have ever been to, located at the Ferry Building and overlooking the bay.

Giuliette and I have always shared a love for coffee. Our obsession began at sleep-away camp in the hills of Ojai, where our counselors would treat us to Starbucks bottled iced coffee that induced many a sugar coma. Starbucks then became "starbs", and a once monthly Frappuchino became  twice daily double shot iced lattes that got us through many late night study sessions. So of course, Giuliette had to introduce me to Blue Bottle Coffee the minute I came to visit her in SF.

Blue Bottle Coffee Company prides itself on serving only the freshest coffee, and has an interesting way of creating their delectable drinks. Their specialty is the slow drip coffee that is allowed to drip at varying consistencies for hours before the perfect cup is brewed.






There is a Blue Bottle Coffee Shop inside the ferry building, but if you don't feel like waiting in the ever-present long line I would recommend the stand outside (they serve the same drinks). The market boasts colorful vegetables and fruit, and if you go early enough you can get the best squash tamale in the city. If you are planning a trip to San Francisco soon, a cup of Blue Bottle joe is a must!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh thats me and my arm! I'm so honored to have made it into your blog. Our love for coffee (and each other) really did begin at a very young age haha! You write so well btw!

    ReplyDelete