Thursday, August 1, 2013

Euro-moon Part Une: Paris, France

Well it's official...I am now a married lady!!! I have also officially neglected my blog for 8 months. Although planning a wedding is a wonderful, fun, and creative outlet, it also feels like a second job. Sipping an afternoon cup of coffee while writing about my latest successful recipe or fave seasonal outfit seems like a thing of the past.

::::::sigh:::::::

The good news is, I have been relieved of my second job (woo!!), and can now devote my time to you :) The gifts have been opened, the dress cleaned and preserved, and blogging has now commenced.

:::::applause:::::

We returned from our honeymoon a few weeks ago, and I now understand why you need to go on a honeymoon in the first place. There are so many emotions that you feel after you get married, and the best way to process them is to go away for awhile, sit on a beach, and eat a lot of delicious food and drink a lot of good vino.

We planned our honeymoon together, so it really reflected who we are as a couple and how we like to spend our time. A little culture, a little food, a lot of relaxing. We decided to go to Paris, Marbella, and Italy. Each city brought different adventures, and we dubbed our honeymoon our "Euro-moon".

Paris was our first stop, and I have to be honest and say it was not my favorite. There were a ton of tourists and transportation got a little tricky. We arrived in St. Germain in the middle of a gay pride parade so all of the roads were closed, and our driver could not get us to our hotel. We walked a few blocks with our HUGE suitcases to our hotel, after many flight delays and me getting crazy motion sickness on the plane (of course). We stayed at the Hotel St. Beuve, a little boutique hotel that boasted cozy antique couches and coffee tables in the lobby, and a teeny-tiny elevator that held 3 people (if squished together like sardines). Oh how happy I was too get to our room and take a shower followed by a very long nap.

Our room was filled with little trinkets and vintage pieces of art, as well as french travel books.


I bought us these cute Mr. and Mrs. passport covers. They came with matching luggage tags too :)





We did a few tourist-y activities like visiting the Eiffel Tower and Arc De Triomphe, and put our initials on a lock at the Pont De Artes bridge.



We ate at many outdoor cafes, and even stumbled upon Cafe Les Deux Magot, where Julia Child used to frequent with her husband every saturday morning for breakfast. Of course, we visited Laduree for some Rose and Coffee Macaroons. I swear I have never tasted something so sweet, floral, and decadent as a Laduree Rose Macaroon. Still searching for shipping options from Paris...


We also headed to the Jewish quarter and had some of the most delicious falafel I have ever tasted, which we ate while sitting on the sidewalk outside of a furniture store.


My absolute favorite part of Paris was picking up a fresh baguette, pan au chocolat, and a piping hot cafe creme at the neighborhood bakery, stopping at the market for some fresh cheese and yogurt, and settling into a deliciously lazy breakfast at the Jardin de Luxembourg.




We were visited by a group of nursery school children breaking from their field trip for lunch of course (what can I say, I'm a magnet for children!) We chatted about the wedding and life while sitting on my pink travel blanket. It was the perfect way to end the trip.



So we left Paris a little more energized, and very ready to lay on the beach.

Stay tuned for Euromoon Part II: Marbella, Spain

xo,
Pretty Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment