Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Euromoon Part Tre: Florence, Italy

Bonjourno Pretties!

I know this post is a teeny bit late. My apologies. I have been busy with weddings, bachelorette parties, and starting up the new school year. But there is something to be said for anticipation right?

Well you have waited long enough. Here is my last Euromoon installment on the gorgeous city of Florence, Italy.

Oh Florence, how can I sum you up into one simple blog post? The Villas, the wine, the endless fresh pasta and pizza, the cool and creamy scoop of gelato on a balmy summer afternoon? Or what about the wine, the endless glasses of crisp Pinot and full bodied Merlot made from the finicky sangiovese grapes that can only grow in Tuscany?

Oh, take me back.

This is us after we arrived at our Villa just outside of Florence. Villa Cora is the most beautiful and peaceful hotel I have ever been to. I was also super excited about our Fiat Panda :)

This is the view from our balcony.


We ventured into Florence the next day, and I loved how the streets were lined with cafes.


We also went to visit the great synagogue. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside, but it was so beautiful.



The pool was magical! It was nice to take a dip in the afternoon when it got too hot to walk around the city.

We ate gelato everyday, of course!!

The Duomo, in all its splendor.


We took a day trip to Cinque Terre, which is made up of five villages residing on the Italian Riviera. The villages are famous for their fresh pesto and beautiful views. We stopped for lunch and had THE best gnocchi, pesto, and bruschetta.



Of course, I did a little shopping.


I found a cute pink car. I was very excited.


On our last day we went wine tasting in tuscany. We went to a winery called Casa Emma, where we were able to taste wine paired with pasta, grilled vegetables, and creamy pecorino cheese.






Italy was the perfect way to end our honeymoon, and we are so blessed to have been able to travel to such beautiful and romantic cities. I am so excited to embark on the next chapter of my life: Marriage!!

Ciao!
-Pretty Penny Rosen




No comments:

Post a Comment