Thursday, August 15, 2013

Summer Favorites

Hey Pretties :)

I feel like summer has gone by wayyy too fast, and I am trying to hold on to the last few weeks of sunshine, evening walks with our dogs, and eating dinner on the patio. Here are some of my summer must-haves.





Alba Botanica Sunscreen. This stuff is amazing, and free of all the yucky chemicals (parabens and phthalates) you find in regular sunscreen that often give me allergic reactions whenever I go out into the sun. This one is made with green tea and sunflower seed oil. Alba Botanica also offers a  very emollient sunblock that is great for dry climates like Colorado. I get mine at Whole Foods :)
 Essential rib tank. This tank top is a wardrobe staple, and comes in both solids and stripes in pretty much ever color imaginable. The cotton is super soft and breathable, and they are the perfect length (nice and long). I basically live in them all summer. This tank also washes well, which is a huge plus for a pre-school teacher like me who is usually covered in paint or yogurt by the end of the day. Tuck it into pants, or wear it over a maxi skirt.



The Boroken-in Straight Khaki. Omg. How did I live without these pants last summer? They are so perfect for a rainy summer day, and so comfortable for travelling. They are like that perfect pair of pants that you have taken years to break in, but guess what? They're brand new. These khakis comes in tons of different colors (I have them in army green and navy). Pair them with a tank, light scarf, and ballet flats for a cute and casual look.



Suja's Organic Juices. I have never done a juice cleanse, but I find that switching our a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack with one of these gives me so much energy and keeps me full. It is also a great way to get in your greens if you don't have time to make that salad for lunch. My favorite combination is Glow, which has everything from kale to apples and cucumbers in it. The down side? Each bottle is around eight dollars, but if you have a juicer you can make these same juices at home for a fraction the price!


100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream. Between the wedding, honeymoon, and getting ready for the new schoolyear, I have had MANY late/sleepless nights. This eye cream is a total godsend. It reduces puffiness and dark circles, and most importantly, doesn't make my eyes burn and sting like other popular eye creams. This is because it has no nasty chemicals, and relies on the natural anti-inflammatory properties of green tea. I bring it with me whenever I travel now!



The Bungalow by Sarah Jio. Ohhh this book. I read it on my honeymoon while we were in Spain and I could.not.put.it.down. The story revolves around an old woman who recounts her life as a nurse in the Pacific Islands, revealing lost love, murder, and a mysterious missing painting. I love the way Sarah Jio writes, because she strikes the perfect balance between mystery and a love story in all of her books.






No comments:

Post a Comment