Monday, September 9, 2013

Back To The Grind

Rise and Shine Pretties!

Just had the yummiest breakfast so I had to share. I woke up super sleepy and this warm bowl of oatmeal woke me right up. I am going to have a busy morning with the toddlers today, so I need a super filling breakfast.

The secret ingredient is maple almond butter. Have I told you about this? It is 12 million times better than peanut butter, and is a great natural protein source. Yes I said 12 million. I do not exaggerate.


Just make a few servings of steel cut oatmeal the night before and stick in the refrigerator. Then warm up the next morning and add toppings. Yum!


Rise and Shine Oatmeal

Ingredients:
1. 1-2 serving of steel cut oats, made the night before (depending on how active you are during the day)
2. 1/4 cup of almond milk
3. 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
4. 1 banana, cut into pieces
5. 1/2 Tbsp maple almond butter
6. 1 tsp. flax seed

Directions:
1. Warm up oatmeal in the microwave with almond milk. Use more milk for a creamier oatmeal
2. Stir in brown sugar and almond butter
3. Add banana and flax
4. Enjoy with a steaming mug of coffee or green tea

Time for preschool! Hope you have an awesome Monday.

xx,
Pretty Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment