Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Soba Stir Fry

Hello Again!

I had to share the tasty dinner I made last night with you! I tried soba (japanese buckwheat noodles) for the first time, and I am hooked! Don't get turned off by the greyish color, these noodles are packed with flavor and have 6 grams of protein per cup. They also lose about 80% of their sodium when you cook them in unsalted water.


For this dish, I cooked the noodles, and while I was doing that, I stir-fried some veggies in an amazing miso sauce. This girl loves her veggies!



Then I mixed the veggies with the noodles and proceeded to eat one of the most unreal asian dinners I have ever cooked. Amen.


Ingredients for Miso Sauce:
1 tablsepoon oil
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons white miso
1 tablespoon minced peeled ginger
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon mirin
1 teaspoon yuzu

I adapted this recipe from Cooking Light. It is originally used for fish. I changed it a little by adding Mirin and Yuzu.

Happy Cooking!
-Pretty Penny


No comments:

Post a Comment