Sunday, September 15, 2013

Chickpea Curry

The weekend is almost over!! I am savoring every last minute. So are my doggies...


 They have been lounging all day.


Today has been such a great day. My yoga class was so wonderful, and more than made up for last week's disaster. It was also the first class I have done with barely any pain. Woohoo!!!

I came home, had a lovely chat with my sister on the phone, then got to work on dinner. I found a recipe on Cooking Light for chickpea curry and it just sounded soo good for this cold and rainy evening. I had to really doctor this recipe because it had no taste at all. I added about a tsp. of curry powder, 1 1/2 tsp. of salt, and some pepper and garlic powder to taste. I think the next time I make it I will sauté real garlic with the onions. Once I added the appropriate spices, it was delicious!


I ate the curry over brown rice. It was so good I went back for seconds. This was a great post-workout meal. Did you know that 1 cup of chickpeas has 15 grams of protein?


Time for dessert, a hallmark movie, a little reading, then bed! Yes, I am 80 years old.

xx,
Pretty Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment