Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Life is Good

Hey Pretties.

Today felt like it just dragged on. The kids were bouncing off the walls and took so long to fall asleep because of this awful heat. Poor things woke up with sweaty heads and very dazed looks on their faces.

But I came home to some wonderful things.

Homemade kale chips from my hubby...


Honey cake from one of my students


...and a sweet round challah from another Rosh Hashanah well-wisher.
One day I will learn to make a beautiful challah like this. But for now, I'm going to concentrate on eating it.

And also eating yummy greek chicken for dinner. We've been making dinners in bulk and freezing them using our food saver. Tonight we pulled out this delicious stewy chicken dish, just as it started to rain a little outside. Just defrost, heat, and serve!


We adapted the recipe from Eating Well. The best part? You can make it in a crockpot.

Happy Tuesday :)
-Pretty Penny


No comments:

Post a Comment