Sunday, September 29, 2013

My Sunday Book Review: My Life in France



Ah Mrs. Julia Child. She is one of my most favorite people, and I don't even know her. I'm almost finished with her autobiography My Life in France, and it has been such a fun read!

Julia is funny, honest, and very humble. She tells the story of her love affair with French gastronomy, her marriage, and her journey that began as a home cook and eventually turned her into a household name. She makes me want to go back to Paris and eat my way through, and paints a lovely picture with each page.

This book is not just about food, but is about the passion for a country, its culture, and the entire process of cooking. From learning another language, to shopping in the markets and picking the right ingredients to puttering around the kitchen until you get it just right. Julia's voice shines through her story, and it is as if you are having a conversation with her. What a wonderful treat of a book!

xx,
Pretty Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment